Sunday, March 22, 2009

A fun day in ACGC

Went for Animation Comic Game Convention (ACGC) after class on Sat. A bit tired cause only slept around 4 hours before that, but since they ask me go mai go lor... I also want see how special the festival is, haha. So after finished the tutorial, meet Fong, went to fetch Lian Gim at the TARC bus top and drove to Wangsa Maju LRT where we meet MC later.


Took LRT all the way to Kelana Jaya, then we took taxi to Tropicana City Mall. I should took the first taxi but then changed to the second taxi, which is a good thing cause me, LG and MC only paid RM6 for the fare while the other side need to pay RM10++ because the taxi driver got lost, haha...


A new Mall, the festival was actually not that large but still medium sized. Looking around, Danny's gang came later. Out of all the booths there, the Street Fighter 3D was the one that interested me the most as it was highly praised by gamers. Not that much different from other SF series but the graphic was a lot better. Saw a 'kou sau' there, with spiky hair...


After watching some cos-play and looking around the products there, we saw Left 4 Dead tournament there. Couldn't join as the registration was closed, too bad. Then headed back to the SF section where we could play for fun if we wanted too. I was surprised they were using arcade type joysticks to play, which I didn't touch for a long time. Still the urge to fight other players and try out the cool game made me hooked. I played a while and won all, then the spiky dude came and in my mind I thought 'Oh, here comes the pro!'. Can I win him? I doubt so...


He used Ryu, the most powerful and balanced char. I don't know what to use, so picked Vega which has good agility. After an intense fightout, I won! I was happy but my heart was pumping, hands shaking... too nervous liao. After winning, I stand up, wanted to leave cause hands was trembling but suddenly he stopped me and said 'Wait, winner stay!'... Omg, he wants another match!? I know I cannot deny him, so we fought a second match of SF.


This time its Ryu vs Guile... and my Guile lost, haha. Guile is too static to beat a balanced char like Ryu. So I finally can leave. I shaked hand with him, which is a nice thing to acknowledge each other's ability... we ended up draw, lol. Later I realised he was doing cos-play as Goku (and I thought he was a salesman there!) and even the judge for the-cos play event. Wow...!

Fufu... so many ppl watching, tension... Must... win!! >.<

The whole day walk here and there. I got so hungry finally went for lunch with Danny while they continue to watch the cos-play competition. Then they join us later. The Porkchop Macau Burger was ok, new taste... After dinner we went for a walk then return to the ACGC area.


Played another round of SF, this time Alvin, Danny and Robin also played. Lost to Robin once (accidentally cause handicap), haha... Then some challengers came in. Not as keng as 'Goku' but still competitive. Win all then shake hand with them, wahaha... then see nobody wants to challenge me liao, so I left the seat and let other ppl play. Hand still got a bit shaky after that but was worth it cause I like to challenge ppl in fighting games, hehe :P


Later planned to have dinner in One Utama and called Peggy to join us. Me, LG, MC, ALvin and CK went there by Danny's car while the others took the cab. Ate at KTZ, which was a bit more expensive than lunch. Burn a hole in my wallet when both lunch and dinner cost me nearly RM20... sakitnya! T_T After chatting and joking around, finally we went back. Some followed Danny while I followed Peggy (thanks Peggy!). We heard some funny 'sound effects' in the car, haha. Then took LRT all the way back to Wangsa Maju where I fetch all of them back by car.


Went out for 12 hours++, which was so fun and enjoyable. It was also MC's bday (eh, I forget to give her Choki-Choki as a present, haha!). Even made a new friend with CK's roommate 'Fong'... or something? Next time can yamcha with more kaki liao...! XD

9 comments:

KaiYa said...

yoyoyo!!!
i wonder how is ck's sound effect in peggy car.....anybody gt recorded it???
i want hear!!!
sure funny!!
wakakaka!!

ps: n jaosn u damn "geng" in the SF game!!^^

Jason Leingod said...

haha, cannot record cause suddenly come out one, donno when to start record...! lol

haha, thx... sf is one of my fav game last time XD

VR最高 said...

no ever wan to record my sound effect~~
gt copyright de XD

PILLA CHEN said...

hahha~sound efect..u popular liao lar!!no nid record lar~anytime..anywhere aso can hear...wahahaa!!!!

Jason Leingod said...

CK> haha, got copyright so keng?

MC> nola, only can hear when CK is around... lol

Robin Tan said...

balik la~~

Jason Leingod said...

balik apa? pulau, kampung, bandar... etc, lol

PILLA CHEN said...

balik apa o????~~~~rumah??

Jason Leingod said...

yalor... i also donno thats y asking him, haha